We’ll keep this short, and sweet:
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
(Or, copy this link: http://bit.ly/APOLLYCON2018-Eventbrite)
After you purchase your ticket, you will receive an Eventbrite confirmation email. In this email you will find pertinent event info (including the tentative schedule, location, etc), and THE TICKETED AUTHOR SELECTIONS FORM. This form will be where you can indicate which of the ‘high traffic’ authors you plan to visit while at the event. **Note: there is a separate form for Titan pass holders. If you purchase a Titan pass, and plan to attend the Saturday signing you will need to use the “Titan” Ticketed author selections form (this is for Saturday’s signing; there will not be ticketed authors during Friday’s Titan session). If you purchase other ticket types in addition to your Titan one(s), use the General form (both will be clearly labeled) for your other non-Titan tickets. You will submit one form per ticket purchased. You can fill it out on the behalf of the others in your party, or you can forward the form for them to fill out. (If the person filling out the form is not the person whose name the Eventbrite tickets are under, make sure they put the ticket/pass purchaser’s name in parenthesis after their name so we can confirm that they have a registered ticket.) **It’s okay if multiple tickets are under one person’s name; the name on a ticket is only important for pickup at on-site registration. (And one person can pick up all the tickets at the same time under their name.)
**If you purchase Titan passes, you will also have a TITAN PASS HOLDER PANEL SELECTIONS FORM (which will be included in the Eventbrite confirmation email). Fill out this form ASAP with your first choices for panels should you plan to take part in panel programming. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CONFIRMED TITAN PASS (via Eventbrite) PRIOR TO FILLING OUT THE TITAN-SPECIFIC FORMS.
You must have an ApollyCon 2018 Eventbrite ticket in order to fill out any of the aforementioned forms. Form submissions that can not be verified/linked to an Eventbrite ticket will be deleted, so please thoroughly read the instructions on the form(s) to make sure there are no errors/misinformation.
We will be posting more information regarding the Ticketed Author Process in late summer, early fall 2017. If at any point you change your mind on which authors you want to see, you will not need to resubmit the form. We will be using a slightly different system for ticketed authors (as in, no more individual numbers), so don’t stress about changes to names (unless it is the purchaser’s name, in which case email us at email@example.com for us to change that), and don’t worry if all of the people in your party do not submit their forms at the same time. (Though, be sure you submit it within a couple of days of purchase so you won’t forget.)
For full ticket info (with descriptions of each ticketing level), go here.
For the full schedule of events, go here.
Now, for the other announcement!
2799 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA 22202
TELEPHONE NUMBER: +1 703 418 1234
Yes, the hotel is *technically* in Virginia, but it is within minutes of downtown, D.C. 🙂
Here are some photos!
ROOM BLOCK INFO!
(Or copy this link: http://bit.ly/APOLLYCON2018-HOTEL)
- The room rate is $125.00 per night (plus applicable local taxes & fees)
- Your credit card will not be charged until you check in.
- The room rate is guaranteed from March 21, 2018 – March 26, 2018 on a first come, first served basis (until the room block sells out). *You may book any combination of days within 3/21-3/26 for the room block rate.
- Once the rooms within the room block sell out, there may still be additional rooms available at the event hotel at a higher rate.
- There are limited room upgrades available for an additional fee.
- The room types are: Standard King (sleeps 1-3) or Standard Double (sleeps 1-4).
- A roll-away cot may be added to the Standard King room, but not to the Standard Double room, due to fire code restrictions.
If you have any issues booking a room under the room block, call the hotel at (703) 418-1234, give them the event name and dates, and someone should be able to assist you further.
If you plan to drive to the hotel:
On Site Parking Info:
- Valet Only
- $22 per day (includes a $10 discount for Apollycon Attendees; regular price is $32 per day)
Off Site Parking Info:
*2018 rates subject to change
You can also reserve your parking ahead of time (to lock in a potentially lower parking rate) via PARKING PANDA!
Use this link to sign up, and save $5 on your parking reservation: http://bit.ly/Apollycon2018ParkingPanda
Here’s a direct link to a off-site parking search for ApollyCon 2018 (make sure you change the dates and time for the search): http://bit.ly/ApollyCon2018-OffsiteParking
*Note: If you plan to park off-site, you can still drive up to the hotel to drop off your bags prior to parking your car.
If you plan to fly in/use public transport:
Transportation To/From Hotel:
Courtesy Hyatt Airport Shuttle
- Courtesy Hyatt Airport Shuttle to Reagan National Airport (DCA) departs the hotel every 20 minutes on the hour from 4:40am – 12:00am. (Times subject to change.)
- Shuttle picks up at A Terminal (2nd Curb by the marked Hotel Shuttle stop location) and B & C Terminal Arrivals, Door 5 and Door 9 (1st Curb by the marked Hotel Shuttle stop location).
- From Dulles Airport (IAD) to our Washington DC metro area hotel, cost is approximately $40 to $45.
- From Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) to our Washington DC metro area hotel, cost is approximately $65 to $70.
We will be going (Facebook) LIVE from the venue hotel on 6/20/17!
(Between 10:30AM-11:30AM EST in the ApollyCon Attendees FB group)
More hotel info coming soon!
(Including directions to get to downtown D.C., event room photos, local restaurants, etc.)