To get everyone ready for when tickets go live on Saturday (at 12PM EST), we have a quick-fire post of important ticketing info! PLEASE NOTE: The ApollyCon 2018 ticket sale page is not currently “live”, therefore you will not be able to find it by putting “apollycon” in the search bar. It will be live in time for ticket sales on Saturday, June 17th at 12PM EST.
*This info will also be included with the email newsletter going out on Friday, June 16th. (It will hit inboxes at 7PM EST with ticket links and hotel room block info!)
ApollyCon 2018 Top 5 Frequently Asked TICKETING Questions:
- Will I need a ticket to attend? Short answer: YES. Long answer: Every man, woman, and child that will be present must have a ticket. (Note: Children under the age of 10 are FREE, but you must still plan to register a free child ticket for them via the Eventbrite page.)
- If certain ticket/passes sell out, will there be a wait list? Short answer: YES! Long answer: We will be doing the waitlist system different for our 2018 event. Whereas for the 2017 we had a Facebook waitlist thread (in the ApollyCon Attendees group), for 2018 we will be utilizing the Eventbrite waitlist system, which will automatically kick in once the Titan passes sell out. You will have the option (should you so choose) to get on the waitlist; once a ticket becomes available, you will be emailed via Eventbrite, and have 48 hours to purchase the ticket/pass.
- I plan to purchase multiple tickets/passes for ApollyCon under my Eventbrite account. Do I need to have each person’s name on each ticket? Short answer: NO. Long answer: The name/info associated with each ticket is only important for picking up tickets onsite during the event. It’s actually easier to have multiple tickets under one name, as one person will be able to pick them up at the same time, and distribute them to the other people in their party. Titan and Apollyon pass holders will get a laminated badge when they check in at registration, however, since we are not putting attendee names on the badges, we do not need to collect individual names with each ticket. If you purchase multiple tickets on the same transaction, we will not be able to add individual names to each ticket. (Eventbrite will not allow us to do so.) The only way we can change names on multiple tickets (purchased by the same person) is if there is a separate transaction per ticket. Example: If Jane Doe buys 3 tickets on the same transaction, all three will be under “Jane Doe”. If Jane Doe buys 3 tickets over 3 separate transactions (so, one ticket per transaction), each ticket can be edited to show a different name on each.
- I need to change the name on my ticket(s). How do I do that? If you need to change the name on your ticket, you should be able to do so by logging into your Eventbrite account, and change it directly in there. However, if you’re having issues, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you. We will not accept name transfers/requests after March 16th, 2018.
- How much does it cost to get in? Ticket prices vary from $10 – $120 a ticket. For a full description of each, go here, or click “TICKETS” in the menu on our homepage. All tickets will be sold via Eventbrite, and go on sale on Saturday, June 17th, 2017 at 12M Eastern Standard Time.
**To see more FAQ’s, click here.
TICKET BUYING TIPS:
- If you haven’t already done so, create an Eventbrite log-in/account prior to tickets going on sale. (*If you log in a couple minutes before noon Saturday, the purchase will go faster!)
- Have your PayPal login information ready! Make sure if you’re using a desktop web browser that you don’t have pop up windows disabled, as it may direct you to the PayPal payment window via a pop-up window. As a reminder: PAYPAL IS THE ONLY FORM OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED. **You can use a credit card/bank card that is linked to your PayPal account to buy tickets via Eventbrite, however, you’ll still need to ‘log in’ to your PayPal in order to complete your ticket transaction. If you’d like more info about the PayPal options/process, go HERE.
- To prevent the overloaded server issue of 2016 (where the site crashed), we suggest that you — USE THE EVENTBRITE APP. This is not mandatory, but we’ve heard that the success rate for acquiring tickets during max capacity time is pretty high via the app. (Click HERE to get the link to download the app.) Once you have the app and log in with your Eventbrite account, all you’ll have to do is click the link from this email and the app should automatically open up to our event page!
- PLAN AHEAD. Make sure that you acquaint yourself with all of the ticket names and descriptions; if you plan to purchase multiple tickets in one transaction, please pay attention to ticket limits (which are listed under ticket info here.)
- READ THE FAQS. There’s a strong likelihood that you’ll be able to find the answer to your question within our FAQ page. If you have a ticketing question that is not listed, please email us at email@example.com.
- Please be patient! I know, I know — it’s hard to be patient when you’re hoping to score tickets. But we hope that you’ll bear with us should there be any Eventbrite issues, or technical problems Saturday. (*fingers crossed that things go smoothly for everyone!) The Apolly-team will be actively monitoring the Eventbrite sales process, so if any issues arise, we’ll be there to try to get everyone through it. But please keep in mind that there may be some things that may be beyond our control; we will try to keep everyone updated via the social media pages throughout the day. (But again, be mindful that there may be some delays in DM/email responses Saturday.)
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THE TICKET WAITLIST PROCESS:
- IF/WHEN THE TITAN PASSES SELL OUT: Eventbrite will offer a waitlist option on our ticket sales page. You’ll know when the waitlist has been triggered, as you will see a button to “JOIN WAITLIST” on the same line where the “TITAN” pass is located. **IF/WHEN all of the ApollyCon 2018 tickets sell out, the waitlist process will be the same (and located in the same place on the ticket landing page).
- TO JOIN THE WAITLIST: You will need to click “join waitlist” and add your name and email info. After that, you will not need to do anything else. **NOTE: You will only be eligible FOR ONE TICKET on the waitlist. (Keep reading for further info on this.)
- SHOULD ADDITIONAL PASSES/TICKETS BECOME AVAILABLE AFTER THEY’VE SOLD OUT (and you’ve joined the waitlist accordingly): Eventbrite will alert people from the waitlist (via email) in the order in which they joined the list. As stated above, EACH PERSON ON THE WAITLIST WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ONE PASS/TICKET EACH. Eventbrite has it set up this way so that one person can’t get 50 tickets at a time.
- IF YOU RECEIVE AN EVENTBRITE EMAIL SAYING A PASS/TICKET HAS BECOME AVAILABLE: You will be given 48 HOURS TO COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE: The transaction will be handled via the Eventbrite site (like a normal ticket purchase), so you’ll only be able to use PayPal as your form of payment. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE WITHIN 48 HOURS, EVENTBRITE WILL MOVE TO THE NEXT PERSON ON THE WAITLIST.
- IF YOU’RE NEEDING MORE THAN ONE PASS/TICKET WHILE ON THE WAITLIST: You’ll have to wait for your first waitlist request to be fulfilled, and then you can re-join the waitlist.
- THE WAITLIST WILL BE SHUT DOWN ON MARCH 14TH, 2018.
Check back at 12PM EST Saturday, June 17th for ticket buy links and the hotel room block info! (Or, if you’ve subscribed to our email newsletter, you’ll get that info via email Friday, June 16th at 7PM EST!)